Phase 4 - Performance (recommended duration 3 weeks)
Workouts in phase 4 consist of high force and high velocity to increase power. This is accomplished by combining strength exercises with more explosive power exercises for optimal results. At the same time, you will push yourself to new limits of cardiorespiratory power.
- Motor Unit recruitment
- Higher Rate of Force Production
- High levels of Cardio conditioning
- Fat burning
Special Instructions: After completing the warm-up and flexibility portions you will move on to the core superset. Perform 2 consecutive rotations of the core exercises and rest 1 minute before moving on to the resistance portion of the workout. In the resistance portion, you are to perform 3 supersets. Complete 3 rotations of the each superset before moving on to the next one (Rest 1 minute after you’ve completed each superset)*Indicates power exercises: Choose a light resistance and perform repetitions with high velocity.
Phase 4 Cardio Training: This workout is to be performed three times per week and focuses on giving your maximum effort in short bursts for enhanced fat burning, maximum aerobic performance, and time-efficiency.
15 Minute High-Intensity cycling (3 times per week)
- Start out by warming up for 5 minutes at half of the bike’s max resistance.
- After 5 minutes, pedal as fast and hard as you can for 10 seconds.
- Then, increase the resistance to the max and still pedal as fast as you can. Continue this for 20 seconds.
- Go back to an easy pace and resistance for 90 seconds.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 until you hit 15 minutes.
© 2000-2014, Smooth Fitness™