In recent years, gyms and fitness centers have grown in popularity all across the country with new ones opening almost every day. The phenomenal growth of these centers is the result of an increasing awareness of the need for better fitness for all ages. Even though gym memberships have grown substantially in the last decade, many health and fitness enthusiasts are cancelling these memberships in favor of working out at home.
Reasons for Purchasing In Home Fitness Equipment
Many find they lack the time required to visit the gym as often as they should to achieve maximum results. Having the necessary equipment in the home gives them the opportunity to exercise at their own convenience. As a result, sales of home exercise equipment are continuing to grow. The key to building a successful home fitness program begins with knowing what to look for when deciding on in home fitness equipment.
How to Choose the Best In Home Fitness Equipment
Whether choosing one primary piece of equipment or designing a complete home gym, be aware of the many different products and keep a keen eye on quality. There is a big difference in the quality of available equipment. The most expensive ones do not necessarily guarantee quality or durability. A strict budget does not limit the possibility of purchasing affordable in home fitness equipment. There are several areas to focus on when selecting equipment.
- Compare equipment quality and durability.
- Choose the ones with sturdier designs and desired features.
- Concentrate on the most enjoyable ones.
- Choose the equipment designed for maximum results.
Guidelines to Follow When Choosing Equipment Types
According to a survey conducted by Consumer Reports National Research Center, about thirty-seven percent of people expected to use their home exercise equipment more frequently than they actually did. The primary reason given by those who used their equipment was that they enjoyed it. It is important to set goals for success and choose equipment that makes a workout satisfying.
Common Types of In Home Fitness Equipment
Outfitting a home gym requires thoughtful planning regarding the different types of exercise equipment to include. In 2012, about fifteen percent of Americans bought home gym equipment. The reason for purchasing exercise equipment for many Americans is to help them lose weight. Most people who invest in home exercise equipment for weight loss look for the ones that help them burn calories and provide a good cardiovascular workout. The most popular machines are designed for maximum results.
Common Home Fitness Solutions:
- Treadmills are popular because they can be adapted to any fitness level.
- Elliptical machines provide the same basic level of exertion as treadmills.
- Traditional stationary exercise bikes one of the most common items found in home gyms.
- Recumbent bikes are popular because of the back support they provide.
- Balance balls and trainers provide balance exercises that improve core strength, coordination and agility.
- Free weights and solid weight racks are popular home gym items that offer strength exercises